The Captain and the Highway

Wednesday, March 10th, 2010

Here’s a little demo of a song that I wrote this morning. It’s probably not a good idea to post something so new, so poorly recorded, but sometimes you just have to do what you feel is right, and this feels right.

From me to you.

Be on the lookout for Alone, But Not Lonely to go live sometime around noon cst tomorrow.

Thanks to everyone who pre-ordered a copy of this unique and special project we’ve been working on.

Enjoy– see you tomorrow!

The Captain and The Highway

7 Comments

Leave a comment or contact me via Twitter @dk_music

1. Sarah Remmert says:

WOW Drew, just WOW! It’s absolutely fantastic. I don’t know if it’s my pregnancy hormones or not, but that song brought tears to my eyes from the first chord change. FANTASTIC!

2. MATTHEW says:

AWESOME! You spoil us with your queries and thoughts. As far as I’m concerned you can always record that way. That is the best I’ve ever heard your voice! Thank you for sharing!

3. Ryan Bingham Joins Country Throwdown Tour; Brad Paisley’s Bruise; Blake Shelton Tops Country Chart | The 9513
    [...] Kennedy posted the demo to a song he just wrote and recorded this morning titled “The Captain And The Highway.” Now that’s impressive [...]
  4. Paul Remmert says:

This is excellent! Vintage Drew. Your understated and vunerable vocals really sell the feeling of nostalgia. This has always been my favorite style of music that you write. :) Well done my friend!

5. Paul Remmert says:

I meant “vulnerable.” Thanks spell check!

6. ttubudd says:

Great song! This streampad thing is pretty cool too… your music kept me alive over the last week or so while i studied for midterms.

Thanks!

7. Andy Grigas says:

I love how raw this recording is, absolutley nothing to hide behind, and nothing to obscure great songwriting and singing. Nothing but the song, I’ll take them all that way if I could